Sunday, August 2, 2009

Arizona!!!

I have to do a lot of posts all at once because I have not had a minute alone with a computer in quite a few weeks. As soon as we got home from our marathon date, I packed and we left the next morning for Arizona. I thought it was going to be a very difficult trip because of Isaac, but it went very well. He slept pretty much the whole way and I fed him at the stops we made along the way. The Saturday we got there we stayed in a hotel, but the rest of the week we were there, we stayed with my sister....It was so fun to see her and spend time with her because she had yet to meet Isaac and the last time I saw her, Ethan, Blake, and Sam was during Christmas. Anyways, Kristy and I took the boys to a little water park thing and it was so fun. To keep Isaac cool we put wet wash cloths on his legs.

As you can tell from my picture, I am atrociously white...but I had fun with Blake. He didn't like the water much, at least not the way it was coming out of the ground, but I did get him a little wet.

Ethan had a great time running through the water and he even made some friends there. I even ran through the water with him and almost biffed it! I slipped and caught myself with one hand. I was laughing so hard and I looked over to see if Kristy saw me...unfortunately she didn't. Alas, I just had a good laugh by myself.

Kristy, Blake, Isaac and I spent most of our time in the shade; except for the few moments we got in the water to cool ourselves off.

Another fun and cool thing I got to do was see a mission companion. We met at In 'n Out and had lunch together. It was good to see her and hear about what she was doing. We laughed together about the funny things our students have said to us.

Ethan was so cute with Isaac. He was so helpful, entertaining Isaac when I couldn't pick him up, kissing him on the forehead, and even holding him. Sadly I couldn't get a picture with Isaac and Ethan smiling, this was the best I could do.

I can't even tell you how grateful I am for my sister. Ever since I was little I have adored her and wanted to be just like her. That is true even now. She is such a great mother to her boys, kind to all around her, and a friend to me and so many others. I am so grateful to her and Sam for allowing us to stay in their home. We had so much fun together! I only wish we lived closer to eachother and could spend more time together.

2 comments:

  1. Hooray for another post! It was so fun to have you guys here. Come back soon. Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wahoo! You're on the blogging boat! Congrats on baby Isaac! I didn't even know you were expecting.
    Okay, well, actually I didn't know you were married. :) All great news. I'm so excited to keep up with your family
    loves, Amy

    ReplyDelete