Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Yoga

I know that I usually post pictures, but tonight the camera is in Isaac's room and I really don't feel like going in there while he is sleeping to get it. So instead I am going to put in my own little plug for Yoga.
First of all, let's go back 10 or more years, to my first yoga experience; Kristy and I went to LA Fitness to do a yoga class...and we were COMPLETELY ignorant of what exactly that meant. So when our instructor walked in, we both started laughing because he was the buffest (he had his shirt off), shortest Asian, with ridiculously long hair. And then the class started! We were asked to do some crazy positions that made Kristy and I lose our balance, and our composure. I am confident that we laughed at least 50% of the time.
Fast forward to a few weeks ago. I went to my first class of hot yoga, which pretty much means the room is between 80-90 degrees, and on top of that I grabbed a pilates mat, not a yoga mat. For those of you out there that don't know, there is a difference! Anyways, I was pushed beyond capacity to do and HOLD positions that were uncomfortable and that stretched me. WOW. At the end of the evening I was so sore, so stretched, and SO relaxed. It was one of the best, hardest work outs ever. So that's my new thing, hot yoga, on Monday nights. OH YEAH. Try it, you will be happy you did.
OH, and I forgot to mention that because of yoga I can now do a handstand. Yes, that's right, I have learned balance and strength and can do a handstand. WOOT WOOT.

1 comment:

  1. Nice job Mo! I admire that you not only find the time to do yoga but then actually continue to do it... better than me for sure. I wish I had more than a vague memory of our first yoga encounter - I'm sure it was funny. You've always had the amazing memory.

    ReplyDelete